Ludwigsburg - (Ceramics Porcelain Germany)

Ludwigsburg - (Ceramics, Porcelain, Germany) A hard-paste porcelain factory founded about 1758 by the Duke of Wurttemberg. J. J. Ringler, who had been at Vienna and other factories, was Director from 1759 till about 1800. The factory closed in 1824. Some of the figures made here are greatly esteemed and fetch very high prices. The early mark, which covers the best period, comprises two c's linked back to back, sometimes surmounted by a crown.

Dazzling Rococo: Ludwigsburg Porcelain from the Jansen Collection (Text in German)Dazzling Rococo: Ludwigsburg Porcelain from the Jansen Collection (Text in German) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment