Burl or Burrs - (Wood Furniture)

TheAntiqueTrade.co.uk Glossary of Antique Terms B

Burl or Burrs - (Wood, Furniture) Knotted wood taken from the outside of the trunk or the stump-of a tree, which shows a mottled figure, valued for veneering. A large rounded outgrowth on the trunk or branch of a tree. The wood cut from such an outgrowth, often used decoratively as a veneer.


Post a Comment